Saturday, July 10, 2010

Meeting of the Sales



I had my annual meeting with the sales earlier this week as a birthday treat and had an amazing day - did not want to come home!  With my birthday falling midst the summer reductions and having my wallet lined with extra cash (thanks to my loving family) I'd like to think over the years I've become a savvy spender.  Here are my top sale shopping tips to help you
  • Review your wardrobe; make note of pieces you don't wear but would love to if you had a top to match or co-ordinating shoes.  Do you have lots of Going Out Clothes but lacking Casuals?  Lots of trousers not enough tops?  Need a new jacket?  Scribble down a small list of items you could buy which will help you wear your existing wardrobe more.

  • Plan your shopping trip for an early morning weekday when the shops are quieter. The sale rails and rows of shoes won't be in disarray from crowds of manic shoppers and you won't have to experience the unpleasantness of pushing and shoving.

  • Shop ALONE I know it doesn't sound as much fun as a day with the girls but you won't get second opinions or be distracted by what they're looking at.  Plan a separate trip with the girls when you can show off your new purchases.

  • Wear comfortable clothes that are easy to change in and out of (again and again).  Normally I wear jeans and a simple top with a light cardigan/jacket over it and comfy wedges.  Avoid wearing bracelets....either they'll snag the clothes when trying on or you'll have to take them off each time.  An across the body bag will leave your hands free for routing and carrying.  Bring some water and chocolate to keep you hydrated and energised (I'll make up any excuse for chocolate breaks)

  • Don't purchase anything without first trying it on and looking at yourself from all angles.  If possible it's a good idea to step out of the changing cubicle and take a look at yourself from a distance for a far more flattering and full lenght view.

  • Stick to your list - if you must make an impulse buy then treat yourself to some statement jewellery.  You can never have too many accessories.
Happy shopping!!xx

No comments:

Post a Comment