Saturday, July 17, 2010

Stamp Approval for Irish Fashion Designers


I have a vague memory of beginning a stamp collection when I was a child.  Little enjoyment was attained so it was a short lived hobby and stamps went completely off my radar (barring the posting of Christmas cards and the odd postcard).  Who'd have foreseen a day when I'd find myself rush excitedly to the Post Office not solely to see their most recent stamps but to take their photo?  On Thursday 15th July An Post launched a collection of 6 Stamps designed by Ger Garland to honour the National and International work of a selection of Irelands Fashion Designers.  The first set celebrates the work of Paul Costelloe, Louise Kennedy and Lainey Keogh while the second set honours John Rocha, Philip Treacy and Orla Kiely.  The stamps look fantastic and the embossed print adds some touchy feely luxury.  Both sets will be stylishly framed and hung with pride in my office as a reminder of our countrys fantastic designers and my pathetic attempt at stamp collecting.  http://www.irishstamps.ie/Shop/c-62-irish-fashion-designers.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment